- Nguyen Quang Vu (Vu) is a corporate partner at VILAF, a leading Vietnamese business law firm.
- Vu is recommended as a leading lawyer by IFLR 1000 Leading Lawyer (2014), and Asialaw – Leading lawyer (2014) and as a recommend lawyer by the Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2015).
- Since 2000, Vu has been advising foreign strategic investors, project developers and international financial institutions in large infrastructure projects, in the privatisation (equitisation) of State-owned enterprises and investment restructuring. Before joining VILAF in 2010, Vu has 8-year experience with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
Vu advised HSBC in its acquisition of shares in Baoviet Holding, the largest insurance holding company in Vietnam in 2007 and 2009, Carlsberg in its acquisition of shares in Habeco, the second largest local brewery in Vietnam in 2008, Unicharm Corporation in its acquisition of Diana JSC in 2010, a leading Vietnamese hygiene product manufacturer and distributor, Golden Screen Cinema in its acquisition of Galaxy Studio, a leading local cinema operator in 2013, and a Japanese investor in its acquisition of a local listed logistics company in 2014. The HSBC-Baoviet transaction is recognised by The 2013 Vietnam M&A Forum as the best private placement deal during 2009 – 2013. The Unicharm-Diana transaction is regarded as the Best Vietnam Deal By The Asset In 2011.
- In addition to legal practicing, Vu has written extensively about Vietnam business law and practices. Vu is the operator of Vietnam Business Law Blog, the only blog in English about Vietnamese law.
- Vu has an LLM from the University of Nottingham under the Chevening program, an LLB from Hanoi Law University and a Bachelor of Economics from the Economics Department of the Hanoi National University.
M: +84 936 141 583
D: +84 439 348 530 (ext 149)
Suite 603, HCO Building (Melia);
44B Ly Thuong Kiet Street; Hoan Kiem District;